Cursillo Erie Message Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2017 7:12 am  #1

Prayers for Non-violence

Cursillo Friends,
Please add to your daily prayers a plea for a world where violence is not acceptable in any way, shape, or form. We are bombarded daily with news of violence - so much so that we tend to pass it off as commonplace. Yesterday, a coworker of mine who had just heard about the shooting in Alexandria, Virginia of a US Congressman and several others responded, "Are we making an issue of this? I have other things to worry about." I was shocked at this blatant disregard for the sanctity of life, and also recognized that we have become complacent with the evil that surrounds us.

God and love are one and the same, we cannot justify violence in the name of God - regardless of our religious affiliation, political affiliation or any other affiliation. We are COMMAMDED to love God with everything we have and to love each other. We don't get to pick and choose who we love - we are commanded to love everyone.

And so, I am asking that you all join me in a daily prayer that every human on our great planet will feel the pull of the Spirit that is deep within each of us, open up to the urging of the Spirit to bring us to a closer connection with our Creator and to live as Jesus showed us - always from a perspective of LOVE.

De Colores,
Janet

Board footera